domenica 15 marzo 2009

Reflective blogging post... a (not too much) serious post...

Well, I'm supposed to reflect on my learning process through blogging. I guess it's easier to say than to do... ; ) Let's say that I'm at the very beginning of my experience with blogs and honestly I'm still a bit confused. That's the reason why it's quite complicated to say if anything I found in the blogosphere until now might help me achieve my targets. Anyway, I think that reading blogs about different topics is useful because at least I can learn new vocabulary. Hopefully things will become clearer soon so that I'll say more about the usefulness of the activity I'm doing. For the moment, I can say that my next language learning targets are to become more fluent in speaking and to improve my listening skills. Of course I'd like to improve my poor vocabulary, too. This is my last University year, which means this is my last possibility to make my English become really good. I must admit I feel ashamed when someone calls me "doctor", because I don't feel like I'm at the top of my University career and I'm not proud to say it. So, the only thing I can do is doing my best to change this situation. Right? Good.  : ) Now that I established my next goals and that I promised to try to turn to them, I can say that during the past weeks I did almost nothing to achieve them. Hihi! ; ) The fact is that I don't have enough time... no, this is a bad excuse. : ( Seriously, I always promise to myself to watch an English movie, to read an English book, to listen to an English radio or to study some grammar rules I forgot, because I'm convinced that the self-learning is important, but then I have to attend other lessons, I have to work, I go out etc. The result is that I forget my good intentions. Fortunately, I'm attending this course and professor Taylor's course so that I can practise my oral English by participating in class, my written English by doing the homework I'm supposed to do and my listening skills by paying attention to what my teachers are saying. I know it's not enough. It's true that at this point of my University career English should be my whole life. ; ) I'll try to apply myself more, I promise! Well, the more I do the better is for me, right? Anyway, it's never enough. One of my favourite maxim is "you can always do better"!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento