mercoledì 11 marzo 2009

Can this "blog adventure" improve my English??

Well, I've never thought about having a personal blog... I think the main reason is that having a blog is not really common here in Italy... not yet, at least. Maybe it'll become fashionable in few months, like Facebook. To be honest, there's another reason why I've never thought about creating a blog, but it's more personal... you know, I already have msn, Facebook and of course the mail address. I daily spend a lot of time checking all of them, and I sometimes feel like I'm loosing my time (especially when I should study but before starting I access to facebook "just for a moment" and then I realize that I waste 3 hours of the little time I have).
Anyway, now I HAVE to create my own blog, so it's not my fault, at least! Hihi, just kidding! Seriously, I think this can be a great experience, for many reasons. First of all, I can learn something more about the Internet, which is really huge. Then, I can have my personal space in which I can put anything I like (I could notice that a blog has more functions and gadgets than Facebook). Last but not least, I can learn a lot about colloquial English. The fact is that I've always studied formal English at school, and now I'm required to write in academic English (God, please help me!), but none of the teachers I had focused on making me become an expert of colloquial English expressions! ; ) That's why I think that I'll enjoy this experience a lot and that it can be useful for me. I mean, I have to be able to write a good essay (no problem, I love writing), but I firmly believe I have to be able to talk to foreign people of my age without seeming ridicolous, too. Both formal and informal styles are important.
So, let's start this new adventure! Have fun everybody!! : )

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento