lunedì 4 maggio 2009

Wanna know what the most stressful work ever is?

Seriously, guys, dunno how Sarah can know so many things about computers and the Internet. She makes us discover new things every week! : 0  (surprised expression)
As everybody knows, I don't like technology too much, but I have to admit that if someone explains me how to use it properly, it's not that bad.  ; ) 

For example, Google.docs... this is another great tool! It is the simplest way to work together on a document. The thing I appreciated the most about it was that we could change the document we were all working on all together. Last semester we used wiki, and, despite the fact I liked that experience, I have to say it was stressful to wait for my classmates editing it before editing it on my own. Google.docs lets me avoid this stress, and it's great! 

Now, about the references Sarah and Francesca Helm used for their book... what a mess to correct them! My God, this was the most stressful work EVER!! At a certain point my classmates and I were really desperate... my dear Godness, we had to check every reference paying attention to the kind of reference it was. If the reference was an online interview, we shouldn't put the publisher, if it was a book we should write the date, and so on... thanks God we finished this E-tivity! I didn't like this work AT ALL! But I have to do it for my next dissertation : ( , so I guess it's better to be prepared!  

2 commenti:

  1. Hi Valentina!
    Yes, I agree with you, the activity we did together in class was boring and not easy at all! Anyway, I think we worked well and it was a good practice!

    As far as Google Doc and technology are concerned, I wrote a comment on my blog very similar to yours when you said: " I don't like technology too much, but I have to admit that if someone explains me how to use it properly, it's not that bad. ; )". Infact, this is the reason why I didn't want to create my space on Google Doc, even though I knew how useful it could be. Now I admit that it is a wonderful tool!

    In my opinion you wrote a good post Valentina because it is short, well written and divided into paragraphs, each of them containing a different topic. Moreover, some words are highlighted and help the reader to focus on the key concepts of each paragraph immediately!
    I like your style because it is very informal and colloquial!
    AnnaF.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hi Anna!!
    I'm really glad you like my posts 'coz I'm working hard to make them interesting and readable! Thank you so much!

    RispondiElimina